FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Hash Brown Waffles with Egg, Bacon and Cheese

Monday, May 14, 2018

Hash Brown Waffles with Egg, Bacon and Cheese

We were camping this weekend and I wanted to make something special for breakfast. So why not make waffles out of hash browns, add eggs and some bacon.

I could put all the things I like into one dish. Sounds like a plan to me.



I used turkey bacon but as you might know, it is a little chewy, which made it a little difficult to eat with the rest of the ingredients. I pulled it out and ate it separately. I think regular bacon would be easier to eat with the rest of the ingredients. Will try that the next time.

Once again, I like recipes that you can make your own. Add some chives, or my husband's favorite - hot sauce. Enjoy!



  Recipe                                                                Print

Bacon, Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Waffles

Ingredients:
  • 5 eggs, divided
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 3-1/2 cups (about 1/3 of 30-oz. pkg.) ORE-IDA Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed
  • 1-1/4 cups KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked


Directions:
  1. Spray electric waffle iron with cooking spray. Heat iron to medium-high heat.
  2. Whisk 1 egg with onion powder and pepper in large bowl until blended. Add potatoes and 1/2 cup cheese; mix well.
  3. Spoon about 1 cup potato mixture onto center of each waffle grid section. Close lid quickly. Cook 10 to 12 min. or until waffle is lightly browned. (Do not open until waffle is done.) When done, lift waffle off grid with fork. Repeat with remaining potato mixture if necessary.
  4. Meanwhile, whisk milk and remaining eggs until blended. Add to medium skillet sprayed with cooking spray; cook on medium heat 5 to 7 min. or until eggs are set, stirring occasionally.
  5. Serve waffles topped with bacon, eggs, remaining cheese.


Linking to these parties:

GRAND social logo.jpgby Angie Ouellette-Tower for http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/ photo YoureTheStarHopLarge_zpsjbrldhcx.jpgProject Inspired Weekly Link Party - white backgroundParty in your PJs is a Tuesday evening link party that starts at 7:00 p.m. (Mountain time) through Sunday night at midnight. Come and join in the fun!Oh My Heartsie Girls WW 650 x 635Embracing Change FB-party-logo_600Tasty Tuesdays Link Partywow-me_thumb1_thumb1

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...