FFf Eclectic Red Barn: When Given Bananas - Make Banana Bread

Sunday, June 18, 2017

When Given Bananas - Make Banana Bread

A friend of mine brought over a number of bananas from his tree. They were still green. I thought I would eat some but then they all started to ripe. Time to make some banana bread. 


Eclectic Red Barn: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

These bananas were small, not like the ones in the store so I was not sure how many to use. I just mashed up 4-5 of them. Although I like banana bread, I like chocolate chips in them even better. 


Eclectic Red Barn: Bananas

Now if you follow me, you know I am on a low carb diet - banana bread is NOT low carb. However, I have been so good that I thought a little slice would be fine.

Not sure if the bread was just great or the fact that I have not had sweets, but I was in Heaven. I so enjoyed that slice. So moist that you did not need any butter or cream cheese. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I did use dark chocolate chips, does that make it better?

Recipe                                                Print
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
choc chip bread with bananas.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip pieces

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
  2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir bananas, milk, and cinnamon in another bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a third bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir banana mixture into butter mixture. Stir in dry mixture until blended. Fold in chocolate chips until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.



Linking to these parties:
{nifty button}1-meet-up-mondayapinchofjoy.commade by you mondayInspire Me Monday>wow-me_thumb1_thumb1Cooking and Crafting with J & J Link UpOnce you link-up, don't forget to nab our Happy Now button!Your Whims WednesdaylogoThat DIY Party summer link party buttonFriday Features Linky PartyHome Matters Linky Party - Grab ButtonThis Is How We Roll Link PartyBeing A WordsmithThink Tank Thursday>Share the Joy every Monday at LizzieSomerset.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...