FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Chalk Painting a Laminate Side Table

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Chalk Painting a Laminate Side Table

Normally, I work with wood pieces that I either stain or paint. However, I found this side table which is not beautiful or even good wood, but solid and somehow it called to me. Maybe because it was so cheap - $1.

At first, I wasn't sure what to do with it since it was laminate. I have used a lot of chalk paint on pieces, so thought why not? What harm could it do?
Eclectic Red Barn: Laminate Side Table

Lots of sunlight on the deck today, as you can see. I think the reflection points out how "laminate" it really is. 

I started by cleaning up the piece. I used a damp cloth to get all of the dirt off and then let it dry.

Next I applied a coat of blue chalk paint. I actually mixed some white with a darker blue since I didn't think I would have enough of the blue by itself. I did not sand the piece at all.

Eclectic Red Barn: Painted and Disressed Laminate Side Table

After it dried, I distressed it some. I wasn't sure how that would work, but it turned out fine. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Painted and Disressed Laminate Side Table
  
I added some dark aging wax and the piece was complete. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Painted and Decorated Laminate Side Table
A few accessories for the top. 

Eclectic Red Barn: Top of Painted Side Table Decorated
And it was ready for the deck.
Eclectic Red Barn: Painted Laminate Side Table on deck
I must admit that I still prefer to work with real wood pieces, but working with this laminate piece was not as bad as I thought it would be. The side table turned out great and I am happy with it. So if you happen to find a laminate piece, don't be afraid to get it and paint it.   
Eclectic Red Barn: Painting a Laminate Side Table

The post  Chalk Painting a Laminate Side Table first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Domesblissity

Linking to these parties:
Great Ideas are found at the Creative Muster Party! Join us and other talented bloggers for some fun, food and inspiration!Thriving on ThursdaysLinky Party LogoHow We Roll LogoCreativity Unleashed link party every Thursday at 7pm ET!Home Matters Linky Party - Grab Button Inspiration Monday PartySundays at Home link party logo http://mysoulfulhome.commonday meetupnewsilver_pennies_sundays18The Creative Corner{nifty button}Anything Goes Linky Week 30Morsels of Life - Inspire Me MondayMix it up Monday~the blog party without rules! The Dedicated HousePI 8pmThrifty & Vintage Finds Link Party, Dagmar's HomeClassical HomemakingGreat Ideas are found at the Creative Muster Party! Join us and other talented bloggers for some fun, food and inspiration!inspire me mondaysthursday favorite things link partyEmbracing Change Joyful HomemakingGrab button for TORNADOUGH ALLICraft Frenzy FridayFuntastic Friday Link Party Thumbnail 150xBrand Logo HMLP 2015 ©That DIY Party summer link party buttonA Bouquet of Talent Linky Party Button

1 comment :

  1. I read your post. It's really very informative. Thanks for sharing information.
    paintbynumberslove.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...