FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Pet sitting guide!

Monday, January 12, 2015

Pet sitting guide!

Do you have pets? If you do, sometimes it can be difficult to leave them when you have to go away. We will be heading to Universal Studios to meet up with the grand kids on Wednesday for a week. We are so excited to be "making memories" with them! Harry Potter here we come!
Eclectic Red Barn: Harry Potter at Universal Studios

However, that means leaving the cat and three dogs with a sitter. Not too bad except when your pet sitter is from Italy (has only been here a year) and English is not his native language. He is adorable and loves dogs. He works for my husband and has been to our house many times but taking care of the pets at our house will be new for him. So how do I explain meals, routines, etc?

I don't want to overwhelm him and if he is like me, I forget it by the next day anyhow. So I thought I would type instructions since typed words are easier to understand.

As I began, more and more items need to be added. This is so confusing. Pictures,  that's what I need. Tons, of them. I took pictures of everything. I am now at 15 pages, breaking it down by pet. Marina has special food. I took pictures of her food, her container and her allergy pills.
Eclectic Red Barn: Pet Guide page for marina

Then there is the house, lights, TV remote, dishwasher, washing machine, yikes. It is amazing how we take so much for granted. Like the where the dogs eat. Sounds funny, but they have special places.
Eclectic Red Barn: Pet Guide page for eating positions
My husband thinks I am nuts. I think it is better to be safe than sorry. As I was completing the guide, I decided to convert it into Italian. So just like any manual, I have the English version and the Italian version. lol! Maybe I am going off the deep end!

Do you have a pet guide?  I used to have a one pager when they went to my friends to stay, but having Valerio stay here has really made me think about everyday details. 
It has been a lot of work getting it ready, but it is done and I certainly hope it is helpful for him. I will feel better knowing he has this guide to refer to. I think the dogs will be happier too. Louie is feeling lonely as two of the puppies left on Saturday. Jingle is lonely too and has attached herself to Louie and Caleigh. She leaves today, so it is going to be quite around her.
Eclectic Red Barn: Caleigh, Louie and Jingle sleeping next to me
So if you ever leave your pets with a sitter, think about putting together a pet guide. A one pager should work. Not like mine! Do you have any pet sitting stories? Do you have a pet guide?

The post Pet sitting guide first appeared on Eclectic Red Barn.

Linking to these parties:
wow-me_thumb1_thumb1

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...