FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Beadboard Valentine

Monday, February 3, 2014

Beadboard Valentine

 Last  week as I was cleaning out my barn, I found many small pieces of wood trim. If you saw My Unordinary Valentine, you know that I used the trim pieces to make that valentine. I found a piece of bead board that we used in the bathroom. My husband cut this piece wrong and we were going to throw it out, but I thought it might make another valentine for the front door at our other house. This one is a more traditional valentine.
Eclectic Red Barn: Upcycled Bead Board Valentine

Here it is on my front door in Davie instead of at the other house. I would have gotten some pictures of it, but the weather did not cooperate. It was raining, cold and foggy. Not exactly the best photo op scenario. So this will have to do.

I started with this piece of bead board. It was long, but not wide enough for my needs.
Eclectic Red Barn: Bead board scrap
  I cut the bad part off and then cut the board in half. 
Eclectic Red Barn: Bead board cut pieces
I glued the two pieces together with wood glue and used a pipe clamp. I don't have a picture of this.  After it was secured, I cut out my heart shape.
Eclectic Red Barn: Upcycled bead board heart

Now it was time to paint. I found some red spray paint and gave it two coats. I didn't paint the back side.
Eclectic Red Barn: Painted bead board heart

I was not sure how to decorate it. I found some lace and tied it around and made a bow.
Eclectic Red Barn: Painted bead board heart with lace
 Next I found two buttons and glued them to the center of the bow.
Eclectic Red Barn: Painted bead board heart with lace
It still needed something. I had been playing with stamping my silver spoons. This silver knife handle was not hollow, but as I began to stamp it, it "caved in". I figured I might as well use it here since it had LOVE on it. (sorry not a good picture)
 Eclectic Red Barn: Painted bead board heart with lace, vintage buttons and silver knife handle
All in all, I am happy with the way it turned out. At least I was able to find some use for the bead board instead of throwing it out.
 Red Barn: Upcycled bead board valentine with stamped knife handle


Linking to these parties:
What did you make31 Days to Slash Your Budget PainlesslyLinky PartyIvy and ElephantsYour Whims WednesdayBeyond The Picket FenceI would love to have you join me for my link party, Share Your Cup!Gingerly Madethursday favorite things blog hopAll Things Thursday Blog Hop HereThe Girl Creative Our DelightfulHome

10 comments :

  1. It looks great. You come up with the best ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beadboard makes everything look better! Your heart turned out really cute. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Thursday blog hop gang! Hope to see you every week! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture the bead board adds and the lace on it. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea Beverly! I love anything beadboard! The lace and knife dressed it up nicely! I made a beadboard pumpkin years ago and still use it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color and how you decorated it. I would love to have that hanging on my door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! I know I have some scrap beaded board too.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...