FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Gecko Suns on a Watering Can

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gecko Suns on a Watering Can

As you may know, I have a 13 year old Doxie, Marina. She is great - sleeps most of the day. As my husband says, "you can't leave well enough alone", I had to get two more Doxies.  Caleigh, is 3 and Louie (her puppy) just turned 4 months. See those eyes. They say "mischievous"!
Eclectic Red Barn: Marina, Caleigh and Louie on the deck chair

So what about the gecko? I am getting to that!
It has been so long since I trained a puppy, that I forgot how hard it was. Small dogs are even harder since they can't hold it for too long. So almost every hour or more, we go outside - if he plays, outside; if he wakes up, outside; if he eats, outside. Pretty much anything and outside we go to the bathroom. Whew! That's all I do all day long!

I have only had him for six weeks and already, he is getting better. I think another 4 months and maybe we will have the potty training down! 

So on one of our many trips outside, I sat down on the top step of the deck, while they scampered around. As I looked to my right, there was this gecko sunning himself on the end of my watering can. I was only about 2 feet from him and he didn't care.

Eclectic Red Barn: Gecko sunning on the end of a watering can
Even when I went to get my camera, he just sat there.He did turn his head, maybe he was camera shy?

Eclectic Red Barn: Gecko sunning on the end of a watering can

Marina came up to sit by me and didn't notice the gecko and the gecko didn't seem to be bothered by her.

Eclectic Red Barn: Marina sitting next to the gecko on the watering can
She was sitting there for a few minutes, when Marina realized the gecko was there.

I thought Marina would go after the gecko, but she didn't. However, Louie did.
He came bounding up the steps and the gecko didn't stick around.

Eclectic Red Barn: Louie trying to get the gecko on the watering can
Louie hunted, but no luck!

It certainly takes a lot of time, but what a joy he is. Off to puppy class!

Do any of you have puppy stories?
Linking to these parties:

Fluster BusterReal Family Fun Link PartyCatch a Glimpse Button

8 comments :

  1. Oh your dogs are so sweet :) Thanks for the fun post.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doxies. They are one of my favorite dog breeds. Your older one looks so sweet napping and the younger ones are adorable! The gecko on your watering can makes such a cute pic as well. I don't have a puppy story to share but I enjoyed reading about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet dogs. Love seeing the gecko on your watering can. Thanks for following.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dogs and yours are so sweet. Thank you for joining our party :)
    BiTi
    http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/06/lets-party-with-super-moon.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dogs are adorable! We lost our Chihuahua about a month ago and he had those same mischievous eyes (with good reason, he was quite a character!). Followed you on GFC after finding you at the Super Sunday Sync Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dogs! Of course the puppy would be the most curious and chase after the gecko...makes sense.
    Take care,
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the training! Thanks for stopping by and linking up to Fluster Buster's Creative Muster Party! Looking forward to seeing what you're going to link up next week.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the puppy training! Loads of stories here...we have an 18 month old puppy. He is still very very busy! I love that you have 3 dogs...we have 3 also. Dogs are so wonderful, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...